“LegalTech New York 2015 is just around the corner,” wrote Monica Bay, editor-in-chief of Law Technology News. “And as always, presents an almost overwhelming opportunity to get a crash course in the latest legal technology trends, products and services and meet the industry leaders who are shaping legal technology.
Like many exhibitors, we’ll be rolling out some product updates, presenting giveaways (in booth #100 and some pretty cool ones this year too!) but the best part of a show like LegalTech New York is often the content. To that end, the LexisNexis software division is sponsoring a long list of truly amazing sessions and events – some of which are CLE Eligible.
Attendees are encouraged to review the official schedule online, but as things stand now here are 10 can’t miss events.
Tuesday, February 3rd
1. Business of Law: Solo Disruption: Building Your Practice on Passion (LFB1)
10:30 to 11:45 a.m. | South Sutton/Regent | CLE Eligible
Speaker: John R. Szymankiewicz, Attorney, Beer Law Center
Note: Who wouldn’t want to go see the Beer Lawyer speak?!
2. Business of Law: Microsoft® Office 365™ for Lawyers (LFB2)
2:00 to 3:15 p.m. | South Sutton/Regent | CLE Eligible
Speakers: Ben Schorr and Lisa Solomon, Esq.
Note: Immediately following this session Mr. Schorr will be on hand in the LexisNexis booth (#100) to sign copies of his book: Microsoft Office 365 for Lawyers.
3. Emerging Tech: Law Firms Mobilize to Deal with Data Security Threat (ETA)
2:45 to 3:45 p.m. | Sutton Center
Panelists: Gordon Calhoun, Jason Eakes, Adam Golodner, Lisa Markey, Jason Sterns, David Michaud and Jeff Norris
Moderator: David Cowen
Note: Mr. Michaud and Mr. Norris both hail from the LexisNexis Managed Services business which is now part of the LexisNexis software division.
4. Business of Law: Seven Secrets to Overcoming Underearning (LFB3)
3:45 to 5:00 p.m. | South Sutton/Regent | CLE Eligible
Speakers: Lynda J. Grant, Attorney, The Grant Law Firm, PLLC and Ann Guinn, Principal, G&P Associates
Note: Ms. Guinn will be available in the LexisNexis booth (#100) on Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. to sign copies of her book: Minding Your Own Business: The Solo and Small Firm Lawyer’s Guide to a Profitable Practice.
Wednesday, February 4th
5. Legal Bloggers: 2015 Bloggers’ Breakfast and Panel
(By Invitation Only)
9:00 to 10:00 a.m. | Petit Trianon Room
Panelists: Bob Ambrogi, Ari Kaplan, Ryan McLead, and our own James Paterson
Note: Law bloggers may request an invitation by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Revenue-Gen. Relationships: Data Analytics for Profitable Biz Dev (DADB1)
10:30 to 11:45 a.m. | Sutton South
Speaker: Toni Minick, Senior Product Manager, LexisNexis® InterAction®
7. Emerging Tech: 15 Tech Tips to Drive Your Firm Forward in 2015 (ETA)
1:15 to 2:15 p.m. | Sutton Center
Speaker: James Paterson, Senior Director of Product Management, LexisNexis
8. Revenue-Gen. Relationships: Dare to Dream: CRM for Mid-Market Law Firm (DADB2)
2:00 to 3:15 p.m. | Sutton South
Speaker: Krista Fuller, Director, Strategic Alliances & Product Marketing, LexisNexis
Note: Also see these ideas by Ms. Fuller:
9. Revenue-Gen. Relationships: The Sum is Greater than the Parts — Integrating CRM, Social and Other Marketing Technology (DADB3)
3:45 to 5:00 p.m. | Sutton South
Speaker: Michelle Woodyear, Digital Marketing Manager, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Thursday, February 5th
10. Emerging Tech: Behind the Screen: How the Latest Legal Tech Works to Make Running Your Practice Easier than Ever
12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
Speakers: Susan Harman, Vice President and Product Champion, LexisNexis Firm Manager® and Vijai Viswanathan, Sr. Director Product Development, LexisNexis
* * *
Safe travels to all – and we look forward to seeing you at the show!
Photo: Flickr; LexisNexis Legal & Professional
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
29 Posts Summarizing LegalTech NY 2014